Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oh Father Abraham


Let me start this post off with a little biology lecture. Did you know that if you try to help a moth out of its cocoon (even if it looks like it's trying to come out) it can die and have all kinds of deformities? They say its because the moth needs to be strong enough to push through the cocoon  on its own or else it won't be strong enough to survive in the wild. 

I've been doing a lot of reading on Abraham lately. Most of us are familiar with the story of how God made him a promise, that he would be a great nation, and he would be greatly blessed. "Father Abraham, had many sons. Many sons had Father Abraham..." I know you want to sing it ;D But in learning about Abraham's life and his walk through his covenant with God, it's easy to see that it wasn't easy for Abraham to trust him. This story is so rich and has so much in it that I can talk about, but tomorrow I'm going to start with Sarah. I hope you love her as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment