Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I promise to be honest


It has been almost a year since I last blogged. Back when I was blogging a lot I really enjoyed it. But the more I got into the blogging world, the more I realized that the best blogs I read were written by people who had something valuable to say. They spoke of things that resonated deep down in a part of me that was too afraid to speak before. They made me comfortable to see beauty in imperfections and uncomfortable enough to challenge me to dream bigger. I became amazed at what beautiful things people had to say. I loved it. 

and then I hated it. 

I became struck with this fear that all of the sudden I didn't have anything valuable to say. So I stopped. 

Over the last year the Lord has shown me so many beautiful and terrifying things. I have seen people do things would have never known mankind was capable of (good and bad) and all the more through it I have been able to experience aspects of God's character that I never had before.   I am not a great writer and I am not an artist with words, but the Lord has shown me that I have stories to tell that are valuable. (So do you!) What I lack is the grace in communicating them. 

So in an effort to be better at communicating. I have returned to my blog. I can't promise you that anything you find here will change your life or be different from what you've heard before, but I promise to be honest. And that's really all I've got. 

P.S. To further my efforts of being totally honest, that coffee cup in the picture above is empty

No comments:

Post a Comment